A Practical Review of Essential FRSs will provide an overview of essential Financial Reporting Standards (FRSs) to finance and non-finance individuals who would either like a refresher or basic course to understand the fundamentals of accounting. The trainer will share practical experiences to illustrate the application of key requirements of FRSs below.
During the workshop, participants will have hands-on practice through several examples, exercises and quizzes to appreciate the key concepts. Participants are encouraged to bring along their calculators for the seminar as participants will be expected to compute the required accounting entries and arrive at the appropriate answers for the examples.
- FRS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements
- FRS 2 Inventories
- FRS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment
- FRS 115 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- FRS 28 Investment in Associates
- FRS 32 Financial Instruments: Presentation
- FRS 36 Impairment of Assets
- FRS 37 Provisions, Contingent Liabiities and Contingent Assets
- FRS 109 Financial Instruments: Recognition and Measurement
- FRS 103 Business Combinations
- FRS 110 Consolidated Financial Statements
- FRS 113 Fair Value Measurements