With effect from 1 January 2020, GST-registered businesses in Singapore can zero-rate their supply of services only if it falls within the description of international services under Section 21(3) of the GST Act.
Depending on the nature of your services, you may be required to determine your customer's belonging status (i.e. whether the customer is a local or an overseas entity) before your supply of services can be zero-rated. Your supply of goods can be zero-rated when you are certain that at the point of supply (based on the time of supply for exports) :
- The goods supplied will be exported or have been exported; and
- You have the required documents to support zero-rating.
This workshop by TAKX Solutions is designed to equip participants with the knowledge on when to zero-rate their supply of services and goods. At the end of this workshop, you will be able to determine whether your service qualifies as an international service and can thus be zero-rated. You will also be able to determine whether your export sales can be zero-rated and what supporting export documents should be maintained.
- Overview of GST & Types of Supply
- Reimbursement vs Disbursement
- Zero-Rating for International Services* under Section 21(3)(a) to (y) of the GST Act
- Latest Changes to International Services* with effect from 1 January 2020
- Zero-Rating for Goods that are exported out of Singapore together with supporting export documents
- Hand-Carried Export Scheme
- Exports for Marine & Shipping Industry
- Out-of-Scope Supplies
* International Services will cover:
- Businesses that provide Consultancy, Management, Engineering or Training services
- Inter-company billing of services to overseas subsidiaries
- Exhibition or Convention Services held in Singapore and Outside of Singapore
- Freight-Forwarding Industry
- Marine & Shipping Industry
- Aerospace Industry
- Advertising Industry
Complete registration form below and submit.
Look out for confirmation email with soft copy invoice.
Remit payment by Paynow Corporate (UEN no. 200719590R), bank transfer, cheque or cash to TAKX Solutions Pte Ltd.
Look out for reminder email closer to workshop date.