Microsoft Power BI has been recognised as one of the leading analytics and business intelligence platforms in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for many consecutive years. Microsoft Power BI lets you connect, transform, analyse and visualise data very efficiently, which will enable any finance, accounting or tax professional to perform powerful data analytics in almost real time.
This introductory workshop will help you develop the basic skills to start analysing and visualising data with Microsoft Power BI. Upon completing this workshop, you will be able to prepare and organise data, create relationships between data, design and create reports in Power BI. The trainer will be using Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and POS data in the examples and hands-on exercises to facilitate learning and allow you to directly apply your knowledge gained in the workplace.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Awareness of key business priorities, such as revenue, profitability and financial accounting is desirable
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel
- Participants who are not familiar with Microsoft Power Query and Power Pivot are recommended to attend our Introduction to Process Automation for Accountants with Power Query and Power Pivot workshop prior to attending this workshop
- Please bring your own laptop
- Download and install Microsoft Power BI Desktop prior to the workshop. Instructions will be sent to you in advance.
Getting Started with Power BI
- What is business intelligence (BI)?
- What is Power BI?
- How do you carry out data analysis?
Preparing Source Data with Power Query
- What is the Power Query (M)?
- How do I connect to an Excel workbook?
- How do I connect to a CSV file?
- How do I edit a query?
- How do I format data?
Organising Source Data with Data Modelling and DAX
- What is data modelling?
- What are related tables?
- What is DAX?
- What are calculated columns?
- What are measures?
Analysing and Visualising Data
- How do I navigate the Power BI visualisation canvas?
- How do I view reports, data and data models?
- How do I insert and format visualisations?
- How do I add and use filters and slicers?
Creating Multiple Reports
- Filtering options
- Report interactions
Integrating with Other Technologies for Automation
- Data extraction from PDFs
- Keyword search
- Logic-based calculations
Complete registration form below and submit.
Look out for confirmation email with soft copy invoice.
Remit payment by cheque, bank transfer or cash to TAKX Solutions Pte Ltd.
Look out for reminder email closer to workshop date.