Microsoft Excel is one of the most important computer applications for accountants and finance professionals at all levels.
Power Query (Get & Transform in Excel 2016 and newer versions) and Power Pivot within Microsoft Excel let you connect, gather, transform and combine data very efficiently, which will enable any finance, accounting or tax professional to automate processes that are very manual and repetitive.
This introductory workshop will help you develop the basic skills to start transforming and analysing data with Microsfot Excel Power Query and Power Pivot. Upon completing this workshop, you will be able to get data from various sources, prepare and analyse large amounts of data efficiently using Power Query and Power Pivot. The trainer will be using Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and POS data in the examples and hands-on exercises to facilitate learning and allow you to directly apply your knowledge gained in the workplace.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Basic knowledge of Excel functions such as IF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP
- Basic knowledge of Excel pivot tables and pivot charts
- Basic knowledge of relational database
- Basic knowledge of Power BI
- Please bring your own laptop (PC only - Power Pivot is not available in Microsoft Excel for Mac)
- You must have Excel 2013 or newer versions (Power Query has been renamed and became part of Get & Transform in Excel 2016 and newer versions. Instructions to download and install Power Query for Excel 2013 users will be sent in advance)
- Download and install Microsoft Power BI Desktop prior to the workshop. Instructions will be sent to you in advance.
Connecting and Transforming Data Using Power Query
- What is Power Query (M)?
- Excel workbook
- How do I edit a query?
- How do I format data?
Advanced Data Transformation Techniques (M)
- Merge vs append
- Merge vs data modelling
- Pivot and unpivot
- Custom function
Data Modelling and DAX
- What is data modelling?
- What are related tables?
- What is DAX?
- Traditional Pivot vs Power Pivot
- Importing a data model to Power BI
Analysing and Visualising Data Using Power Pivot
Complete registration form below and submit.
Look out for confirmation email with soft copy invoice.
Remit payment by cheque, bank transfer or cash to TAKX Solutions Pte Ltd.
Look out for reminder email closer to workshop date.