When it comes to import and export, documentation is key. The Basics of Import/Export & International Trade workshop is designed to help you understand the effectiveness of import and export procedures to deal successfully with banks, freight forwarders, custom brokers and foreign customers. Find out how to use the necessary documents to obtain the greatest cost benefit for your company and timely execution of your order. On completion of this workshop, participants will gain confidence in dealing with difficult export and import situations, be able to reduce export and import transaction costs by targeting and eliminating common problems, as well as gain a wealth of practical and helpful tips to save valuable time and resources.
International Trade Terms
- Meaning of EXW, FCA, FOB, CFR, CIF, etc
- How to do quotations and prevent losses
- Using the latest terms to your advantage
- Choosing the right terms
International Shipping Documents
- Importance and proper uses of documents
- Understanding BLs and AWB and their implications
- Operation of packing list and invoice
- Certificate of origin - uses and applications
- How to apply for shipping guarantees
Cargo Insurance Policy
- The need for cargo insurance
- Changes in the insurance policy
- The Institute Cargo Clauses
- Exclusion clauses
- Claims procedures
- Documentation of claims
International Financing & Letters of Credit (LCs)
- Types of payments in international trade
- Step-by-step operation of LCs
- Types of LCs
Complete registration form below and submit.
Look out for confirmation email with soft copy invoice.
Remit payment by cheque, bank transfer or cash to TAKX Solutions Pte Ltd.
Look out for reminder email closer to workshop date.