Posted on Apr 12, 2016
Are you above 25 years old and a Singaporean? If so, you should have received $500 credit in your SkillsFuture account by the end of January 2016, available for use in funding approved courses that you would like to attend to develop new and relevant skills to your career development. Here, we highlight 7 key essentials you need to know about this initiative.
What is SkillsFuture Credit?
SkillsFuture is a national movement to encourage individual ownership of skills development and lifelong learning, which is a course funding from the Singapore government available to Singaporeans aged 25 and above that may be used for approved skills-related courses.
Who will receive SkillsFuture Credit?
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above will receive an opening credit of $500 from January 2016. Your credit will not expire and according to the government, periodic top-ups will be made. Permanent Residents and foreigners on work permits/passes will not receive it.
Do I have to apply for the it?
Through the month of January 2016, eligible Singaporeans will receive their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letters. They will then be able to access their account using their Singpass to use their credit for courses that commence on or after 1 January 2016. There is no need to apply. If you haven’t received your activation letter, just wait for it.
How do I view my account?
You may log in to your account at www.skillsfuture.sg/credit with your SingPass. Beware of websites that try to pass themselves off as the official SkillsFuture website with similar names and web addresses. On the official page, you may obtain more information about how to utilise your SkillsFuture Credit to pay for approved courses.
Can my employer ask me to use my SkillsFuture Credit for company training?
No. It is for your own use and is meant to empower you to take charge of your own lifelong learning. Employers cannot tap on your SkillsFuture Credit to save on their training costs.
What courses can I use it for?
It can be used for a range of about 10,000 approved courses, across 57 functional areas covering all key industries. The list of approved courses include:
- Courses subsidised or approved by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
- Courses offered by NTUC’s e2i
- Selected courses offered by the Ministry of Education (MOE)-funded institutions
- Courses supported by public agencies
- SkillsFuture@PA courses offered by the People’s Association (PA)
- Courses offered by the Infocomm Development Authority’s participating Silver Infocomm Junctions and selected courses under the National Silver Academy
You may search for approved courses at the SkillsFuture Credit Course Directory.
What courses does Takx Solutions offer?
Takx Solutions offers GST, tax, finance, accounting and international trade documentation workshops that are SkillsFuture Credit-approved. These include:
- Fundamentals of Corporate Tax
- Mastering the Basic & Intermediate Concepts of GST
- Understanding Malaysia GST
- Withholding Tax
- Introduction to Transfer Pricing
Finance & Accounting
- Effective Costing & Budgeting Management
- Effective Cash Flow Management, Budgeting & Analysis
- Effective Credit Control & Debt Recovery
- Preparing Unaudited Financial Statements
- Understanding Financial Statements for Non-Finance Personnel
International Trade Documentation
- How to Handle Export Letters of Credit
- Import & Export Practice & Documents
- Understanding Bills of Lading & Transport Documents
- Understanding the Essentials of Letters of Credit
- Understanding Incoterm 2010
To view all courses offered by Takx Solutions that are SkillsFuture Credit-approved, click here.
- Mar 05, 2018
- Jul 24, 2017
- Jul 24, 2017
- Jan 18, 2017
- Dec 01, 2016