Business Writing to Collect Debts - 4th Run
This workshop is designed to assist people who often write letters of reminders to expedite the overdue payment process. Businesses often have to follow up on overdue payments in order to keep their accounts up-to-date and their books balanced.
This one-day workshop will equip you with the essential skills to make your letters of reminders more effective in retrieving debt. In addition to writing skills, participants will also practise the proper and effective techniques for making follow-up calls to debtors. Numerous samples, templates and case studies will be used to equip participants with the know-how and skills to write better letters of reminder.
On completing this programme, participants will be able to:
- Learn the proper format and style for writing reminder letters
- Understand the fundamentals of collection letters and emails
- Learn about the different categories of collection letters and emails
- Learn how to use specific words and phrases to your advantage
- Learn how to write persuasively
- Capture the reader’s attention upfront
- Use the right tone and style when writing
- Master the techniques used for follow-up phone calls to expedite payment
- The styles and approaches to business writing today
- The fundamentals of collection letters and emails
- Understanding the different stages of debt
- The different categories of collection letters and emails
- When to use which type of letter/email when collecting debt
- Do’s and Don’ts of collection letters
Categories of Collection Letters & Emails
- The Reminder collection letter
- The Inquiry collection letter
- The Appeal collection letter
- The Ultimatum collection letter
- Useful phrases and words to capture attention and persuade
Writing Letters of Reminder
- Concise writing techniques
- Using the right approach
- Understanding legal liabilities in writing
- Format and structure for letters of reminder
- The usage of tone when writing a letter of reminder
- How to emphasise content and tone through the use of words and phrases
- Substantiate the arguments/points to get to the readers
- Ways to emphasise urgency and expediency when writing letters of reminder
Post Writing Strategies
- The follow-through processes
- The importance of collection calls
- The 4 parts of a telephone collection call
- Conveying urgency and action
Wednesday, 17 Apr 2024
01:00 AM - 09:00 AM
Carlton Hotel, 76 Bras Basah Road, S(189558)
$398 nett per participant (inclusive of course materials, e-certificate, lunch, tea breaks & refreshments)
Cheque, bank transfer, PayNow Corporate or cash
Complete registration form below and submit.
Look out for confirmation email with soft copy invoice.
Remit payment by Paynow Corporate (UEN no. 200719590R), bank transfer, cheque or cash to TAKX Solutions Pte Ltd.
Look out for reminder email closer to workshop date.